Women in Film and TV (UK) are hiring: Senior Awards and Events Producer.
Women in Film and Television, the leading membership organisation for women working in the media in the UK, is looking for an exceptional candidate to fill the role of Senior Awards and Events Producer.
The ideal candidate for this role will have at least five years’ experience in event, TV production or production management and be meticulously organised with an excellent eye for detail. You will be responsible for managing the office staff and events team, producing the year-round events programme and the WFTV Annual Awards Lunch in December.
You will be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task. Other essential requirements are familiarity with online member/customer databases and/or ticketing platforms; and proficiency with office suite, including Word and Excel. The successful candidate will be a team player with a can-do attitude and an excellent telephone manner. Other essential requirements include the ability to prioritize your own workload and to work highly effectively unsupervised. Knowledge of the film and TV industry an advantage.
Job Title: Senior Awards and Events Producer
Reporting to: CEO
Hours: 10am – 6pm (regular evening work required)
Start Date: Jan 2021
Location: Remote Working
- Building the events programme to provide a diverse and varied all year round schedule
- Creating new event ideas, both new strands and one-off
- Managing the events team to help them brainstorm, create and schedule effective events
- Producing and managing every aspect of the WFTV events programme
- Managing budgets for each event and reporting on expenditure
- Coordinating the marketing for each event including:
- Writing and editing copy for events on the website
- Uploading and listing events to WFTV’s ticketing platform and website and monitoring and managing these on a day-to-day basis
- Promoting events in the WFTV newsletter
- Ensuring there is social media promotion of each event before and during the event.
- Working on other WFTV projects and admin when, and if, required.
- Line-managing the office staff, including the event team
- Working with the team and CEO to develop new ideas and programmes for WFTV activities. e.g. annual lecture, training initiatives
- Reviewing and sign-off invoices and expenses
- To sign off the newsletter, if CEO not available
Annual WFTV Awards:
- Working on the logistics through careful scheduling and project management in the build-up to the awards as well as on the actual day
- Organising award online nominations process, juries and jury meetings
- Creating and providing reports on the awards budget
- Liaising with all suppliers for the awards including the venue, production, photographers, florists and PR team
- Developing all promotional material including the brochure for the day and copy for the website
- Procuring the required resources and materials for the day of the awards Working on the invitation and ticket booking process
- Training and manage volunteers and staff for the awards
- Responsibility for VIP liaison including arranging cars, hair and make-up for winners and presenters
- Running the event on the day
- Liaising with awards sponsors and ensure that they are satisfied
- Overseeing production of and order all Awards stationery, including menus, letterheads, raffle tickets and place cards
- Producing post-awards report and complete all post-Awards administration
To apply: email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, explaining why your background and experience would be a good fit for this role.
NB Please put Senior Awards and Events Producer in the heading of your email
Download the equal opportunities form here.
Application deadline: 09:00 Monday 7th December