Opportunity to Join the WFTV Team: Membership and Office Administrator
If you have ever fancied joining the WFTV office team, here is your chance! We are looking for an exceptional candidate to become our new Membership and Office Administrator, who will thrive in a busy, creative and fun office environment.
The ideal candidate for this role will have at least one year’s administration experience; be meticulously organised with a strong eye for detail and a can-do attitude; be an enthusiastic and reliable team player with a positive attitude; and have an excellent telephone manner. Punctuality and the ability to prioritise their own workload is also essential.
Proficiency in Word and Excel, excellent numeracy, previous experience in financial processing and the ability to maintain and monitor database systems are required. Experience working with WordPress websites and Xero accounting software is also desirable.
Job Title: Membership and Office Administrator
Hours: 10:00am – 6:00pm (with occasional evening work)
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: £28k + per annum, depending on experience
Location: Bloomsbury, London
Key Responsibilities include:
• Administrative assistance and diary-keeping for CEO
• Prepare for board, finance committee and internal meetings, preparing and circulating papers, organising refreshments. Assist with WFTV events if needed and attend WFTV’s monthly networking event.
• Act as a first point of contact for members’ enquiries via phone and email.
• Manage individual and corporate membership schemes.
• Maintain and update the WFTV membership database.
• Maintain membership payment records.
• Update the members’ area on the website.
• Raising invoices and tracking debtors using Xero.
• Paying suppliers and contractors.
• Maintaining general office and accounting filing systems.
• Managing petty cash.
• Liaise with IT support and website support when necessary.
• Liaise with office contractors when necessary.
• Secure exclusive member discounts with partner organisations.
• Answer phone and e-mail queries appropriately.
• Monitor stationery, office equipment and supplies.
• Open post and re-direct to relevant members of staff.
Application deadline: Monday 29 April at 5:00pm
Interviews: Thursday 2 May (subject to change)
If you are unable to make this date, please make clear in your application.
To apply: email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have the skills and aptitude required for this role to: email@example.com.
NB Please put Membership and Office Administrator Role in the heading of your email.
WFTV is an equal opportunities employer.
About Women in Film and Television (UK)
Women in Film & TV (UK) is the leading membership organisation for women working in creative media in the UK, and part of an international network of over 13,000 women worldwide. Members of our organisation come from a broad range of professions spanning the entire creative media industry. We host a variety of events throughout the year, present a prestigious awards ceremony every December, and run a mid-career mentoring programme. We also host networking evenings, collaborate with industry bodies on research projects, and lobby for women’s interests.