WFTV Wellbeing: Yoga in the Boardroom with Tracy Forsyth
Thursday 27 June | 6.30pm – 8.30pm |St Anne’s Church, 55 Dean Street, W1D 6AF
WFTV are pleased to be joined for this exciting session by WFTV Mentoring Scheme Producer Tracy Forsyth, who will be explaining how you can use yoga inspired techniques to increase confidence, impact and remain calm in the working world.
By the end of the session participants will have learned:
- How to use breath to power up, re-energise and focus
- Powerful poses – how to look and feel more confident
- Throat and Heart openers – how to open your throat for confidence in speaking up and out and your heart to do the things that are meaningful to you.
- Shoulder releases & 5 minute desk yoga – how to stretch out and release tension without moving from your desk
- 3 minute ‘loo’ sequence – a quick sequence you can do in the loo to prep yourself before presentations or a board meeting
- Heart below head and ways to de-stress & nourish the body
Join us for this unique evening on Thursday 27 June, doors will open at 6.30pm and the event will start promptly at 7:00pm. The event is suitable for all levels, but will involve active movement. Please come in comfy clothing and if you have a yoga mat, bring this along!
Tracy is the former Genre Director of Factual Entertainment, Entertainment & Formats at BBC Worldwide. She is now the producer of the WFTV Mentoring Scheme, a media consultant and executive coach to CEOs and Women in Leadership. She recently qualified as a Yoga Teacher. Originally, she wanted to learn yoga for her own personal practice and never intended to teach. But over the year long course she discovered so many things in the Eight Limbs of Yoga that are so relevant and apt to life off the mat – especially in our working lives. Things like how to find courage, conviction and kindness (to self and others). How to open your heart to do the things that are meaningful to you. How to open your throat to speak up and speak out. How to find inner and physical strength for resilience in this hectic world. How to breathe to feel powerfully calm. With that in mind Tracy has designed and will be hosting ‘Yoga in the Boardroom’ workshops for individuals, groups or companies in 2019.