2020 WFTV Mentoring Scheme – Final Chance to Apply
The deadline to apply for the 2020 edition of the WFTV Mentoring Scheme is 14:00 on Sunday 27 October 2019. The Scheme is aimed at women working in creative, craft, technical or business roles who have at least seven years’ experience in the film and TV industry, and will run from March – September 2020.
Over a six month period, successful applicants will have six hours of mentoring with a carefully selected mentor. In addition, they will also receive an intensive course of training seminars and workshops, executive coaching and networking opportunities. The programme is supported by ScreenSkills using National Lottery funds awarded by the BFI as part of the Future Film Skills programme.
We are also very grateful to the sponsors of our scheme: AVID, the BBC, Channel 4, EON Productions, Lionsgate, Panalux, Pinewood Studios, Twickenham Studios and UKTV.
It is free to apply but, if chosen to participate in the WFTV Mentoring Scheme, we do request that you become a WFTV member.
More information about applying
Visit the FAQ’s
Applications open: Wednesday 25 September
Applications close: 14:00 on Sunday 27 October
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in November 2019.
1. Applicants must be UK residents.
2. The scheme is not designed to:
a. Provide training for women in entry level positions or who are trying to break into the industry for the first time
b. Provide counselling
c. Help on a specific project that is better suited to a consultancy e.g. Script editing
3. Mentees must be willing and able to travel to central London for interview, induction, fortnightly seminars (planned for Tuesday evenings) and mentoring sessions.
4. The closing date is 14:00 on Sunday 27th October 2019. Applications received after that date will NOT be considered.
5. If you haven’t been contacted by Friday 8th November 2019 you have not been shortlisted.
6. Due to the high number of applications we receive it is not possible to give individual feedback on unsuccessful applications.
7. Mentors and mentees will be introduced by WFTV after a thorough application and selection process designed to identify those women who will most benefit from the scheme.
8. Whilst every effort will be made to find a suitable mentor, there is no guarantee that short-listed applicants will be placed with a mentor, if no such suitable mentor can be found.
9. Selected mentees MUST provide a headshot and 100 – 200 word bio to email@example.com for use on the WFTV website and related publicity. Mentor matching will only commence for each candidate once a photo/bio has been received.
10. Successful applicants agree to participate in any relevant publicity.
If you have any queries, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org